Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dracozombie's last month (or two) in NY Console Gaming: September and October

I've been slacking pretty hard. I can't really excuse my absence, so accept my apology instead. I've done a lot of writing these last two months, so I'm breaking down my content by website, to make these blog entries a bit easier on the eyes.

Here's all of my latest articles for New York Console Games, on Examiner.com:

Nintendo and New York-Tokyo held a Samurai Warriors 3 event at the Korean bar "Fat Buddha." The food was good, and I won't say no to free beer, of which there was plenty. Attendees got a chance to eat, drink and play some Samurai Warriors.

I got some hands-on time with a few upcoming Disney Interactive Studios titles, one of which was TRON: Evolution. A mix of energetic action, platforming and more, the game is a great-looking movie tie-in title, coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The second Disney Interactive game I got my hands on was Disney's Epic Mickey, an adventure and platforming title from the creative mind of Warren Spector. The title is absolutely unique, combining adventure elements from Zelda and platforming elements from Mario, alongside a painting mechanic that lets you greatly interact with the world.

I got my hands on a copy of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, for the PSP, and wrote up a review the moment I finished it. Fun combat, lots of content, and an interesting story makes Birth by Sleep a title worth picking up if you haven't already.

Just before the NY Comic Con, I got hands-on with Capcom's Okamiden, the DS successor to the classic Okami, for the PS2 and Wii.

I also managed to interview with Okamiden's producer, Motohide Eshiro, and get an interesting background on the title.

I managed to get hands-on with Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy. It plays much like the original, but there is a LOT of new stuff Square-Enix has added, like the assist system and the new characters. Check it out to read up on Lightning and Kain's movelist!

Ys: The Oath in Felghana is a very highly respected PC action-RPG from Falcom, which is being ported to the Sony PSP. Some new trailers and images were revealed, which you can read and view in my article.

Finally, Square-Enix revealed some new screens for Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy. The buxom brawler Tifa from Final Fantasy VII makes her official debut, kicking ass and taking names. New costumes and more round out the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment